link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Chef Pillsbury Helper Man | Priester Photography

Chef Pillsbury Helper Man


People are complaining about my not posting anything on the blog.

And by "people" I mean my mom, my daughters and two of my friends.
 I've decided to create this post to appease them until I decide if/when I want to make regular posts again.
 A conversation:

Mercede:  I feel like the Pillsbury Doughboy.
 Summer:  What's the Pillsbury Doughboy?

Me:  You know.  He's the little man made out of dough that wears the little chef's hat and says "ooo-hoo-hoo" when someone pokes him in the belly.
 Summer:  I thought that was Hamburger Helper?

Me:  No, Hamburger Helper is the talking, white-gloved hand that helps you make a great meal and he hugs people with his middle finger and thumb.
 Mercede:  Then who's Chef Boyardee?
Me: He's the old man chef in the chef's hat on the cans of ravioli.
 Mercede:  Ooooooh.  I thought the tire guy was the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Me:  No.  That's the Michelin Man.  He's the big man made out of white tires.

(Trivia fact:  His name is actually Bibendum.  Who knew?  Not me. Until I googled "Michelin Man" to make sure I was spelling it correctly.  Side note:  I wasn't.)
 This made me realize how hard it is to explain things that we take for granted as "everyone knows that".
I mean, just the sentence "I love the little man made out of dough wearing the chef''s hat that you poke in the stomach" could be enough to land you in the mental hospital if you were with a group of people who weren't familiar with the marketing campaigns from the last 50 years.

It really goes to show what a fine line we are all walking between sanity and the asylum.

It's a slippery slope folks...a slippery slope.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Brewington Family".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks we needed that

WSMIL said...

This post sums up why you are my favourite daughter-in-law:) I so need posts like this to get through the day, thanks so much!!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .