link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Little Means Less Calories | Priester Photography

Little Means Less Calories

Why is that if you're eating tiny food you eat more than the amount that would be in the regular sized version of that food?
It's a conspiracy of some sort that I haven't quite figured out.

An example:

Someone gives you a mini muffin (which equals about a third of a regular muffin).
Instead of eating two or three (which would equal about one muffin...a perfectly acceptable serving size) you (I) eat seventy five of them.
That may be a hyperbole.

It really depends on the day.
I bring this up because since I've been eating healthy(er) I've been trying to make better decisions in the snack department, so instead of processed snack cakes and whatnot I've been eating walnuts with a few chocolate chips when I get a sweet tooth.
It's quite delicious.

Anyway, my mother-in-law knew we were out of chocolate chips (because I threw a fit about how the kids always eat all of "my" food and when I'm having a craving it's not there), so she bought some for me.

A few minutes ago I had a craving and grabbed the walnuts.  As I was reaching for the bag of chocolate chips I realized that they were mini sized.
Now I'm sitting at my desk with an empty bowl that recently contained way more than a serving size of chocolate chips and the base of my chair makes it appear that I have a mouse with digestion problems living under my desk.

My hunger is satisfied though and it couldn't have been too many calories since they're so tiny!

Right?

Right.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Kiley Jo".

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

I eat a handful of almonds with my chocolate chips, I must try the walnut idea:) I refuse to discuss serving size, lol

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .